The Call for Proposals is closed.
Proposal notices have been sent. If you did not receive a notice, please check your spam folder first and then contact email@example.com.
You are invited to submit proposals for a plenary session or workshop for the CLAE Scientific Meeting to be held in Kelowna, BC from September 23-25, 2022.
The CLAE would like to encourage and give priority to submissions that include a junior speaker, which includes early career clinicians and investigators, as well as clinical or research trainees. The CLAE encourages the session Chairs to consider this when preparing session proposals.
The proposal should be organized under the following headings:
1. Session outline (maximum 250 words)
2. Learning objectives (maximum 5)
3. Target audience
4. Learning format: lectures or workshops
5. Name of the session Chair(s) (including affiliation and contact information)
6. Name of each speaker, their academic affiliation, along with a 2-3 sentence bio, and the title of their talk
Please note the following:
• Session Chairs and speakers will be offered a discounted rate for registration. Registration is required to participate.
• Speakers and chairs will not be provided with travel or accommodation expense reimbursement.
• Sessions are limited to a maximum of 5 speakers and are 1 hour 45 minutes in duration, which must include a dedicated 25-minute (minimum) question/answer period. These requirements will be strictly enforced.
• Preference will be given to topics relevant to the broader community that include multidisciplinary speakers from different Canadian regions/centres.
• The CLAE Education Committee will review all proposals and send decision notifications the week of April 25, 2022.
Document submission requirements:
• Please DO NOT use text with ALL CAPS in the proposal document.
• Please submit your proposal in a Microsoft Word document format.
•All submissions require learning objectives. Key information about Royal College expectations for learning objectives can be found here. Please avoid verbs that are often used but are open to many interpretations (e.g., appreciate, have faith in, know, learn, understand, believe). Click here for a link to suggested verbs.
• Please note that the primary language at the meeting is English. We ask that submissions are also in English.
• When submitting your proposal please include a note if you require scheduling accommodation due to the start of Rosh Hashanah.
Please submit your proposals electronically to:
Dr. Esther Bui
c/o CLAE Secretariat
If you do not receive an email acknowledgement of your submission within 3 days, please contact me at the email address listed above.
We hope that you will all consider contributing to what promises to be an outstanding meeting.
Dr. Esther Bui
Director of Education, CLAE